Bring the Google Career Certificates to your school
Help your students learn job-ready skills to start or advance their careers in high-demand fields. The Google Career Certificates program, developed by Google, provides practice-based training for students in community colleges and career and technical education (CTE) high schools in IT support, user experience design, data analytics, and project management.
How it works
The Google Career Certificates program, developed by Google, follows a novel approach that gets learners job ready in about six months.
- Practice-based: Hands-on labs and interactive assessments with the latest industry products and tools prepare learners for a job at any company.
- Educator model: Adaptable curricula tailored to the needs of a changing labor market support institutions to help prepare students for careers in high-demand fields.
- Focus on underrepresented learners: Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our programs with content that resonates with learners from many different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Direct pathway to jobs or degrees: Whether learners decide to get a job or continue to higher education, there are resources to support the next step in their journey. Learners can:
- Earn a recommendation of 12 college credits (ACE), the equivalent of four college courses at the associate degree level. Please note this is only available for the IT Support Certificate.
- Connect with top employers who commit to consider hiring graduates of the Google Career Certificates.
- Access resume and interview resources and support.
Integrate the Google Career Certificates into your school’s curriculum
Institutions that would be a good fit for Google Career Certificates include:
- Community colleges with existing pathways or courses in IT support, UX design, project management, and/or data analytics
- CTE high schools with high-quality vocational programming
Expectations of participating institutions include:
- Wraparound support to help students in their pursuit of continuing education and/or entering the workforce
- Ability to incorporate certificates into the curriculum or school programming
- Instructors with experience teaching certificate content
Learn more about the Google Career Certificates here.
What schools are saying
This curricula has been great to implement as part of a hybrid model. Incorporating physical projects on the in-person days and discussion prompts of real-world scenarios on the virtual days alongside the curriculum given has really sparked students’ interest to achieve the IT Support Certificate.
Katie Cunningham, Teacher, Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School
The class is offered as part of our existing curriculum as it covers much of the material I used to cover, but with far better detail and insight from several Google IT professionals.
Steven Pleau, Teacher, Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School
The Google IT Support Certificate helps my learners navigate computers and from that base, they can go anywhere. The quizzes are good and the videos and references are both helpful and enable any student to take advantage of the rich content.
Eduardo Peralta, Network Administrator, Community College of Aurora
Get updates on free trainings and programs